Saturday, November 3, 2007

Jessica Dickinson?

K... Most of you don't know this. In fact, I would assume none of you know this about me. I write poetry. For the most part its nothing to brag about but I do it all the same. I find very often that I don't have the words; that I experience an emotion but can't explain it. Poetry is passion and it speaks to me. It speaks to me in the way an abstract painting speaks to me, it's raw and its real. I'm sharing a poem with you that I wrote the other day. It's very ryhmy and maybe not very good, but it came to me. It's mostly inspired by my testimony... Jesus Christ has saved my life. Here it is:

Wandering in darkness, stumbling I fall,
Not seeking, not listening, I faint hear your call,
The void I feel daily and how do I fill?
With parties that poison and drugs that could kill,
In a time of deep loss on my knee's where I found,
My savior who loves me with glory abound,
In mercy and grace you led me from sin,
Put joy in my life where joy's never been,
Daily I thank you for changing my heart,
I desire to be near you never to part.

No comments: