Monday, December 3, 2007

Why are we super-sizing FRUIT???

Ugh. I am continually frustrated with this country and our obsession with over-indulging... particularly with food!! I draw the line when the super-sizing hits the produce section at my grocery store! I am not kidding, I am biting into a banana this morning and I literally can barely get my mouth around it! What happened along the road that caused portion sizes to inflate so much?? I was in Disneyland a few weeks ago, and as I was enjoying the small world ride my friend made a disturbing comment. They have stopped filling the boats of the ride to capacity because we are now so over-weight as a society that the small world ride boats are sinking!!! Simmer on the irony of that for a moment. Crazy.

Anyfart... this is ridiculous. It has taken me about twenty minutes to eat this banana. I'm not a huge organic person (mainly because its expensive and engineered growth steroids usually end up pollenating with organic stuff anyway), BUT I sometimes buy it if for no other reason but its smaller. It seems ludicrous to me that I can get full half way through a fuji apple!!

Oh, but the best part of everything being over-sized is going to a theater and discovering that a kids sized soda is 16oz!!! I don't have children, but I know there's no way 16oz of sugar packed fluid would make it into the grubby hands of my (someday) children!

Ugh. When are we gonna get it?? Come on America!! Lets be an example. A HEALTHY example.

No comments: