Monday, October 1, 2007

Giving Time...

I face the challenge of being a project leader at work for our Community Service efforts. This project I took on voluntarily, in fact was REALLY excited about it. It's sad that while these events have shown me how much love there is for our community it's also shown me the inherent selfishness of most people. I am always thankful for the volunteers that do commit, whatever their motive, but the fraction of people that respond to these efforts is small. Even if you don't feel convicted by Christ's call for us to love our neighbors, how can you not be so thankful for the blessings in your life?? If you live in this country, in the Seattle area more specifically, why don't you have a heavy heart for those less fortunate?? It weighs on me. I have to remember not to get so emotionally involved.

I'm still so grateful that God gave me a heart that loves.

"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one that wants to borrow from you."

~Matthew 5:42

No comments: