Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wow... I love my youth kids


Wow... just like it says. Wow... I love my youth kids. So weird; I uploaded some pics from youth conference to my computer at work this morning. About 10 minutes later this woman walks over (business related question of course) and we get to chatting. I find a way to weasle talk about the kids into the convo so I can show her these pics. ;) Amazing. Just amazing, I almost teared up when I was showing her this pic. I am just so proud of all of them. Man. Seeing God's hand in their lives. Oh... ok, I am almost tearing as I type. Compose yourself Jessica!!! Get it together. They are just so wonderful. They have just touched my heart and I absolutely want to see them live for Christ and not fall away into the pressures they face everyday at school and at home. Oh my gosh. They just hit me.


I had my hesitations going to this youth group the first time. I just settled into a routine at Mars Hill and I'd never really been to an AG church before. I was nervous that I wouldn't be good enough for these kids, that I wouldn't have the words for them. I saw this girl that first night. She was so timid, so shy, and completely lacking confidence. She sings in the worship band and never holds the mic close enough to her mouth. You barely hear her voice resonate. As soon as I met this beautiful girl, I knew I couldn't stop coming. I knew I had to be there. That girl was me when I was younger. That was me. I don't want any of these girls to face the trials and temptations I've seen in my life. I don't want them to learn the hard way that only the Lord fills... that that's not just something we say, but that its real. Oh man. I pray for them everyday. And I pray that God will give me the words. I just pray.

No comments: