Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I brown bag it...

I brown bag it... yeah. I hate to admit this, but I am totally a creature of routine. I am "scheduled" if not on paper, in my head pretty much every hour of my day. If I don't have plans to visit with someone after work I could tell you exactly what I should/will be doing every hour from 5pm till bed. Typically it would be some mix of running, eating, reading, cleaning, and because I haven't felt like I've done enough yet something else like chatting on the phone or another unnecessary task to postpone sleep.

To my point, I make my lunch every night before I go to sleep. Besides my need for routine there is actually sound logic behind this. I get up at 5am. I don't know how many of you get up this early, but its a struggle. I resemble something unlike myself and more on par with Chubaka at this hour... and my level of comprehension... LOW. I am moving at snail speed at 5am. So, I do as much as I can to prepare the night before so I can snooze one more time every morning. Throw your hand in the air if you feel me on this one... ;)

Okay... this is the part of the story where ridiculous kicks in (welcome to my life). I don't always eat all of my lunch. Sometimes because I forget, but a lot of times because the yoplait I continue to buy every week just doesn't sound good. Our refrigerator at work is finite, alright. This thing gets FULL. What comprises a good sixteenth of this ancient appliance? My brown bags. The brown bags that combined probably contain 6 yoplaits and a handful of snap peas that are on their way to the compost pile. Every once in awhile I clean these out... HOWEVER, it's all about timing. I don't want ANYONE in my building to know I am the owner of the brown bags. Most of the time I just try to condense... I think its gone beyond condensing this morning.

Wow... that was a big confession. I am so weird. It's amazing people like me.

1 comment:

dibbs said...

I think that I am going to get a billboard space near your work and just put a large pic of a brown bag... and a pic of you with ? after the two... what do you think???